Pages

06 December 2014

Portland Journals

Day one in Portland. I kinda wish I had a local with me right now*, despite my desire to explore alone right now.
I got so lost trying to find this one coffee shop** that Google Maps said had breakfast burritos, which sounded yummy.
So here I am, finally. It's a cute little shop.
I dunno, when I travel, I usually have a couple destinations in mind, but mostly I want to live like a local ... and maybe this is a good place for a Saturday morning when you don't have a lot of groceries in your house***.

Anyway ... my destinations include Powell's City of Books (of course), SockDreams' brick-and-mortar, and Twisted, a yarn store with tea bar and knitting lounge ... looking forward to that.
And of course, tomorrow, the main event: Erika Moen's book release party at She Bop.
Anyway, that's it for now ...

*****

* My host is working, my friend who moved here from SLC is going to meet with me, but a little later.
** Floyd's Coffee Shop
*** Apparently, my host doesn't know how to cook, but just eats sandwiches and cereal. I'm going to pick up a few things that can be microwaved, just so I don't have to eat out for every meal ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hi, leave a note. I'd love to hear from you!