Pages

09 December 2007

Snow Feels Like Hope

I'm slightly depressed.
My lover (the relationship that wasn't going anywhere) ended it Friday. I know I was saying that it was an unhealthy relationship and needed to be over and all that, but it really caught me off-guard. We'd been having a good conversation, and I felt really close to him, and suddenly he was talking about ending it, and I was really surprised.
The depression has been pretty decent for my creating, though. Last night I took pictures for the first time in forever (besides taking picture of my hair). So that was good. (Winter Lights on dA)

Friday evening, I got out of his car, crying, and it was raining, like the sky was crying, and I got onto the train and opened my book and didn't look up until I was at my stop. So I was surprised when I got out to find that it was snowing. Big fluffy white flakes drifting softly, and it felt like hope.
So it hasn't stopped snowing for long since then, and while I know I'll get tired of the snow, I can't help but to feel slightly more hopeful every time I see the snow falling.

So, I'm going to try my celibacy thing again. (I never did find a term I was satisfied with.)

Meh. I'm getting more depressed. I also need to read my cards for the day. And then start doing mundane things like eating and showering.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're better off - cheer up - don't let the end of a relationship that was going no where get you down.

    http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweetheart. I'm sorry for your loss.

    I don't know how interested in Thelema you are, but Saturday night (12/15) there is a Gnostic Mass happening. Would you like to come with? Before heading over there, I've invited a few people to come for dinner at my place (around 6ish). I promise it will be better than the last time I had you come over! Let me know if you're interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I'm sorry to hear about that. Although the relationship wasn't going anywhere, and it sounds like you're better off without it, I know it's difficult anyway. Any sort of change is always uncomfortable to deal with.

    As always, hugs.


    P.S. Thanks for the St. John's Wort tips. I'll definitely try it.

    ReplyDelete

Say hi, leave a note. I'd love to hear from you!