Pages

27 January 2008

Aesthetics

So, when I shaved my head, I stopped shaving. Officially. I hadn't shaved my legs for months before that, but that was just laziness. I also hadn't shaved my pubic region for years before that, but that was an isolated decision, different from stopping shaving entirely.
Now that I'm not shaving my head anymore, I feel like shaving again. Just my legs and armpits.
I don't know what to do with this.

Also, due to an unpleasant interpersonal encounter, whenever I shower, I scrub my armpits at least three times. Today I found that my skin was peeling there.

Gods, I hate the things we do for aesthetics ...

(During that same unpleasant interpersonal encounter, I was told that it was unhygienic not to shave--NO, women shave for aesthetic reasons, not hygienic. If we shaved for hygiene, men would shave, too.)

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you on this one.

    I go through periods where I don't shave for several years, and then I switch back to shaving. There's no rhyme or reason for the switch; it just seems like something I want to do (or not do) at the time. Currently, I do shave, but prior to about a year ago, it had been 3-4 years straight of gorilla armpits, legs, etc.

    Whatever. It's all about personal choices and what feels good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's what I'll be doing, too. I've recently decided that I approve of following my intuition/whim whenever I can.

    So, we'll see how that goes. My razor's packed.

    ReplyDelete

Say hi, leave a note. I'd love to hear from you!