Pages

30 May 2011

CONduit

CONduit is Salt Lake's science-fiction/fantasy convention. It was, as usual, amazing. Strangely enough, the panels are not what I remember this time (not as much, anyway). I got to see some old friends and make new ones, I bought a keseira (jewelry from the Wheel of Time books) in green, because they only had Ajah colors, and there is no Purple Ajah, and while I like red better than green, I like the Green Ajah WAY better than the Red. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the Wheel of Time. Like, now. )
I also got something I've been wanting for a WHILE: a strawberry-embroidered handkerchief. A woman with a fancy sewing machine was doing machine-embroidery, and I happened to have a handkerchief on me, so she embroidered a strawberry (well, two strawberries) on it. It's a reference to Othello, so if you don't know what I'm talking about, go see Othello. Or just read it.
Probably the best thing, though, was getting a poem critiqued by Michael R. Collings. He had a booth set up so you could show up with a poem and he would read it through and give you a mini critique. I think it was helpful.
I also won a piece of artwork: a watercolor (I think?) on a cloth scroll of Alice at tea time ... She's wearing black-and-white striped stockings and it's beautiful ...

Anyway, I now have lots of ideas about writing, mostly urban fantasy ... I think I want to set an urban fantasy (series) in Haiti ... it will require research.
Time to go to bed, I have to wake up super-early for work.
Good-night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hi, leave a note. I'd love to hear from you!