Pages

14 March 2009

Screnzy!

Script Frenzy: a writing challenge put on by the Office of Letters and Light, who also does NaNoWriMo, in which one writes a 100-page script in the month of April.
So, I decided today that I was going to do it, so I signed up! My page, if you'd like to visit it: http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/eng/user/303961
I've very excited, for many reasons. I've never written a script before. I've never even thought about scripts before, really. I have read bits of Firefly scripts, and found them fascinating, but I've never read the entire script for even a TV show. Writing scripts is WAY different from writing prose. WAY different. I'd like to emphasize that. I have an actual plot-like thing. In fact, my script will be an adaptation from a short story that I will have finished (writing) by April 1st. So, I'll have more than just a plot-like thing. Which is WAY more than I started with with NaNo. Just as a reminder, my idea for NaNo was: a vampire novel. 100 pages is WAY shorter than 50,000 words. I believe the Screnzy FAQ called it 20,000 words. That's nothing! That's EASY!

So. I'm way excited! And, I have to eat and head on over to visit my boyfriend, so, it's time to go!
Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. GL with your script! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning on trying it again this year, I only got 30 pages last year. Writing scripts is hard! For me at least. But we can battle again, this time with pages! :D

    ReplyDelete

Say hi, leave a note. I'd love to hear from you!