Pages

16 April 2009

Lots of News

Okay, in order of when it will happen:
The UU Arts Fair is this weekend, Saturday evening and Sunday morning (starting 6:30pm Saturday until 1:00pm Sunday), at the First Unitarian Church, which is 600 S 1300 E. I will have photography there, and I'm very excited about it. I encourage all my friends to show up! (Pretty please? It will make me happy!)

Choir Sunday is happening next weekend, also a UU thing. It's kind of a big deal for the choir, which I am in, so, if you'd like to hear lots of lovely music, then you should come. (Or, you know, if you just want to support me as your friend, then you should come ... ) UU Church, 9am or 11am.

The third major thing is: I'm applying to the Peace Corps!
I have barely started the application process, and thus have not submitted the application yet, but I'm doing it. I will keep you all updated as I know things.
I'm really hoping to go to Africa. I've wanted to go to Africa for a very long time, and also, I learned French, and I believe that I can remember it fairly easily if I try (I'm going to be brushing up on my French as soon as the month is over, plus they do offer language training.), and they speak French all over Africa. So, hopefully ...
The website says the application process takes nine months, so I'm not even going to know if I can go for quite some time, but I'm really excited about it! Wish me luck!

Ummm ... in other news ... I made it to 50 pages by the 10th, and then slowed down considerably. I now have 64 pages. I'm hosting a Saturday write-in downtown (for the next two Saturdays), where people in the Frenzy can all get together and write. It'll be fun, and hopefully will help keep up my word count.
At the moment, I am just trying to write a little everyday, even if I don't manage to write as many pages as I was planning on.
My photography has suffered somewhat this month, but my writing started to suffer the last couple days as I'm trying to pull together the photography for the Arts Fair. (Actually, my photography suffered a bit, too: I completely forgot to take a picture yesterday, because of sorting through pictures, etc. However, I took a ton of awesome pictures on Monday, which I will post someday.)

And in further news, it seems that I have met someone, which I had so thoroughly rejected as even a possibility that when I drew the Two of Cups the other day (which refers to relationships, a meeting of hearts, etc.), I had no idea what the cards were trying to tell me!
But anyway, without going into too many details, I went on a date, and it was good, and he lives far enough away that I don't have to worry about him sucking up all my time and energy, which is also good.
Because I have found that while I need companionship (like I need food and water and light and heat), it's not something I want to spend all my time and energy focused on. (I likewise do not wish to spend all my time thinking about food.) I want time and energy to focus on writing and photography and the possibility of going to Africa.
Screnzy would have been impossible if I had still been dating Andy, he took up way too much time.

So, life is pretty good right now, all in all.
The major thing I need to do is to find a decent-paying job: in an ideal world, I would like to clear up my debts before heading to Africa, but hopefully I can at least pay back the little things (like I owe my dad and my sister a few hundred dollars), and put a major dent in the bigger things, and maybe even save up some money so that when I come back, I have a little saved and gathering interest.
But this requires me to make more than I am making now.
And it could even be something I hated, because I would only be doing it for a few months.

But anyway. This post has gone on long enough. I need to eat something and finish my critiques (for writing group), etc. Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hi, leave a note. I'd love to hear from you!